Fresh out of the oven: recent posts
- Maran Hen Eggs + Ground Pepper + Mushrooms + Kale +Salsa
- Apres-Gym Meal: Seared Chicken Breast with Pineapple Barley
- Steak and Sautéed Baby Bok Choy
- Red Pepper Olive Oil
- Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
- So simple
- Delish dinner to top off a crazy night of paper-writing
- Birthday Bubbly
- Be jealous, be very jealous
- I <3 @BostonYeti2015 1 month ago
- chilled a pot of stock in a snowbank #nbd #BOSnow @universalhub http://t.co/CfzbV3hbqF 1 month ago
- RT @OhioHeidi24: Only in Southie...lobster traps as space savers. @universalhub @maureencaught @BostonDotCom http://t.co/B2L6PuxNbW 1 month ago
- RT @romanmars: It's impossible to spell Matthew McConaughey without looking it up. 2 months ago
- Hey @Abbey2Cambridge @damianabbey thanks for being #OpenInBOS 2 months ago
- Omg belons! #oysters #oystersunday @RussellHouseTav http://t.co/DR5T5ulMZD 2 months ago
- @blumie Not exactly Harvard sq, but @Abbey2Cambridge ! 2 months ago
Getting ready for the Superbowl? (Go Pats!)
Lately I’ve been working pretty hard at the gym: I’m trying the fewer reps/ heavier weights routine, and find it actually very satisfying. After a workout I try to eat something healthy, filling and high in protein: much like this barley and chicken combo.
I already had cooked barley that I made in a rice cooker the day before. I mixed it up with some onion, garlic, chili pepper and pineapple slices – stir-frying until warm. Then I added a teaspoon of fish sauce to add a bit of depth and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to add a bit of salt.
I seared the chicken on a very hot pan for about 4- 5 minutes on each side.
Serve with cilantro.
You can easily make this with any other whole grain you like!
This was dinner last night – after looking at all the food at WSL I was STARVING by the time I got home!
Rib-eye steak + garlic-y baby bok choy with some lemon juice (CSA via Red Fire Farm)
I sear my steaks on cast iron and finish them in the oven.
Hot peppers from Red Fire Farm + EVOO + sunshine = tasty and lasts forever. Not to mention very pretty and makes an awesome gift.
Ridiculously quick and easy to make.
This is how:
1. Toasted bread (I had Jewish Rye)
2. A dab of mayo
3. Some lettuce leaves (Red Fire Farm)
4. Tomato slice (Red Fire Farm – we got FOUR POUNDS on Friday!)
5. Pile on the salmon
6. Squeeze some lemon juice
7. Sprinkle on the capers
Adding a glass of OJ and a book made it only better: