Ridiculously quick and easy to make.
This is how:
1. Toasted bread (I had Jewish Rye)
2. A dab of mayo
3. Some lettuce leaves (Red Fire Farm)
4. Tomato slice (Red Fire Farm – we got FOUR POUNDS on Friday!)
5. Pile on the salmon
6. Squeeze some lemon juice
7. Sprinkle on the capers
Adding a glass of OJ and a book made it only better:
Posted in CSA, healthy, local, Quick, recipe
Tagged brunch, capers, easy, fish, healthy, lox, lunch, open-faced sandwich, Quick, salmon
You will need:
Old Bay seasoning (reduced sodium)
Corn on the cob (+salt and butter)
A bottle of red wine or other drink of choice
Here is what you do to make this simple and delicious dinner:
1. When you get home, turn on the broiler and start boiling some water for the corn. Pour yourself a glass of wine. Flip through some magazines.
2. Rub the salmon steaks with Old Bay and olive oil.
3. When the water boils, put the corn in.
4. Set the timer to 8 minutes and put the salmon under the broiler in a heavy pan
5. After 8 minutes, take out the corn and turn over the salmon. Rub the corn with butter and salt.
6. Take the salmon out after another 4 min, pour another glass of wine and enjoy your dinner! 🙂