In the winter I like to make shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and eat it hot. In the summer there is nothing better than chilled shrimp marinated with peppers and garlic on top of some fresh greens.
You will need:
1. Raw shrimp in shell
2. Chili peppers of choice: red and green
3. 3 garlic cloves
4. 1/4 tbsp whole black peppercorns
5. Salt and pepper
6. Halved cherry or grape tomatoes
7. Olive oil
8. Juice of one lemon
1. Peel the shrimp – I like to do it because it lets the flavors really seep in while the shrimp is marinating. You can skip this step.
2. Dice the chili peppers (remove seeds) and garlic. Toss the shrimp with the chili peppers, garlic, peppercorns, half of the lemon juice and some oil.
3. Marinate for at least an hour in a bowl or a bag.
4. Pre-heat the broiler. Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet with the halved tomatoes.
5. Broil for just under 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink – it may be less than 5 min, so keep checking!
6. Dunk everything into an ice bath – a necessary step to stop the cooking process!
7. Drizzle the shrimp with the remaining lemon juice. Serve it chilled on top of fresh baby greens!