Fresh out of the oven: recent posts
- Maran Hen Eggs + Ground Pepper + Mushrooms + Kale +Salsa
- Apres-Gym Meal: Seared Chicken Breast with Pineapple Barley
- Steak and Sautéed Baby Bok Choy
- Red Pepper Olive Oil
- Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
- So simple
- Delish dinner to top off a crazy night of paper-writing
- Birthday Bubbly
- Be jealous, be very jealous
- I'm at @ShaysPubWineBar in Cambridge, MA 4sq.com/1yebNZG 1 week ago
- Lamb tartare at #bistrodumidi @chefbistro #amazeballs #truffles instagram.com/p/rabF-CitoM/ 2 weeks ago
- RT @JSDgroup: this is how they love me #gratitude #jsd #hairdresserlife #boston #style #haircut #ilovemyclients… instagram.com/p/rX7T30SCTD/ 2 weeks ago
- I'm at Bistro du Midi in Boston, MA 4sq.com/XpXfLk 2 weeks ago
- I'm at JSD in Boston, MA 4sq.com/1pJy9O8 3 weeks ago
- I'm at Russell House Tavern - @russellhousetav (Cambridge, MA) 4sq.com/1n1HvrJ 1 month ago
- Red lips sink ships. instagram.com/p/qr6QjEitt5/ 1 month ago
Getting ready for the Superbowl? (Go Pats!)
Lately I’ve been working pretty hard at the gym: I’m trying the fewer reps/ heavier weights routine, and find it actually very satisfying. After a workout I try to eat something healthy, filling and high in protein: much like this barley and chicken combo.
I already had cooked barley that I made in a rice cooker the day before. I mixed it up with some onion, garlic, chili pepper and pineapple slices – stir-frying until warm. Then I added a teaspoon of fish sauce to add a bit of depth and 2 teaspoons of soy sauce to add a bit of salt.
I seared the chicken on a very hot pan for about 4- 5 minutes on each side.
Serve with cilantro.
You can easily make this with any other whole grain you like!
This was dinner last night – after looking at all the food at WSL I was STARVING by the time I got home!
Rib-eye steak + garlic-y baby bok choy with some lemon juice (CSA via Red Fire Farm)
I sear my steaks on cast iron and finish them in the oven.
Hot peppers from Red Fire Farm + EVOO + sunshine = tasty and lasts forever. Not to mention very pretty and makes an awesome gift.
Ridiculously quick and easy to make.
This is how:
1. Toasted bread (I had Jewish Rye)
2. A dab of mayo
3. Some lettuce leaves (Red Fire Farm)
4. Tomato slice (Red Fire Farm – we got FOUR POUNDS on Friday!)
5. Pile on the salmon
6. Squeeze some lemon juice
7. Sprinkle on the capers
Adding a glass of OJ and a book made it only better: